Thursday, August 9, 2012

Third Trimester: Changes, Tests, and Preparations for the BIG DAY!


We are now on our Third Trimester-lots of changes have happened in the past few weeks and been doing a lot of preparations for the BIG DAY! Today, baby and I are 27 weeks and 5 days old!
There’s no other feeling like the bliss and excitement motherhood brings; especially for a first-time mom like me. I would stay up all night just waiting and watching out for the little one’s every kick and movement It’s always exciting to watch and wonder “what are you doing in there, little one?” as you feel those tiny (and sometimes hard and startling) little kicks and all the gymnastics going on in there. I always look forward to those bonding moments with my baby. I just can’t help but laugh in amazement and of course, adoration, with every movement and kick. 
We are nearing the BIG DAY and I have just realized how much I am going to miss having the little one growing inside me and oh, those little taps of love from the little one, happiness! Carrying this wonderful angel around, feeling and waiting for every kick and movement, and just lovingly nourishing the little piggy in my belly. Nothing compares to the bond that a baby in the womb and its mother share. Nothing can ever compare to the pure bliss that motherhood and pregnancy brings.
I have been extremely sleepy and easily tired lately, probably due to baby’s almost non-stop gymnastics and hyperactivity! I got my first boobie stretch mark (please, excuse me for this) last week and I totally freaked out. I got my very first belly stretch mark this week as well and must I explain how freaky and a bit sad it felt? I’ve been religously  slathering Palmer’s Massage Creamsince I was on my 4th month (save for a day or two when I missed my “ritual”) and I thought the stretch marks would never appear, but alas, they do as I am almost done with pregnancy and nearing HAPPY DAY. The stretch marks, oh dear, they hurt and feel constantly sore! It’s as if your skin is being pulled and forced to stretch and they feel as if you’ve got some abrasions on your tummy.
We’re having our 4D scan on the 13th- we’ll finally find out baby’s gender! I must admit though, since our last scan (16 weeks CAS), it has been such a suspenseful event and I felt like the countdown would never end! And yes, I am guilty of splurging on baby’s clothes and shoes, despite the undetermined gender. Call it first-time mom’s syndrome or whatever you may, it’s special preparations for a very special little person.
I’ve been having endless dreams about the little one: as an adorable chubby infant, as a tiny tot on her brown potty, as a hard-headed little boy whom mama just adores, and countless other dreams. 4 more days until our 4D ultrasound and we’ve long been preparing for it and have been comparing Ultrasound Centers’ packages and rates. Here are the  packages and rates for 3D and 4D Scans of the two Ultrasound Centers we’ve checked:
San Juan Ultrasound Clinic: N. Domingo Street, San Juan, Metro Manila 
Call (02) 727-9828 for Appointment
Read my experience/review on San Juan Ultrasound Clinic at: http://happymommyadventures.blogspot.com/2012/07/second-trimester-16-weeks-happy-mommy.html
  • Basic Package P 2,500: 3D Scan, Gender Determination, OB-GYN Report, 4pcs 4R Pictures, CD.
  • Superior Package P3,500: 3D/4D Scan, Gender Determination, OB-GYN Report, 4pcs 4R and 1 5R Pictures, Ultrasound Video with Music in CD.
  • De Luxe Package P4,500: 3D/4D Scan, Gender Determination, OB-GYN Report, 4pcs 4R and 1 8×10 Pictures, Real-time Ultrasound Video with Music in CD.
  • Premiere Package P6,500

Map and Directions to San Juan Ultrasound Clinic
In My Womb: 
For Appointment
The Fort, Taguig, 2nd Floor, Golden Forum Bldg (Beside Shell), (02) 828-4143, Glorietta Link Building (beside Anson’s), 2nd floor,  (02)8565798, SM Megamall, 5th Level Building B, (02) 6389629, SM City Marikina, Lower Ground Floor (02) 477-2040, Mall Of Asia (MOA), 2nd Level, South Parking,(02)556-6271
  • Pearl Package P3,000:  2D, 3D, 4D Scan, 5 high-res B & W 3D superior quality thermal photos,5 high-res colored 3D superior quality photopaper, Diagnostic comprehensive OB-GYN report, Gender determination of 99 – 100% accuracy, CD of Photos
  • Ruby Package P4, 200: 2D, 3D, 4D Scan, 5 high-res B & W 3D superior quality thermal photos,5 high-res colored 3D superior quality photopaper, Diagnostic comprehensive OB-GYN report, Gender determination of 99 – 100% accuracy, Personalized audio-video edited DVD
  • Diamond Package P7,000: 2D,3D,4D Scan, 10 high-res colored3D superior quality photopaper,1 8″ X 10″ high-resolutioncolored 3D superior quality photopaper of chosen facial fetal image, 1 CD with all the photos taken during the scan in JPEG format, Diagnostic comprehensive OB-GYN report, Gender determination (99 – 100% accuracy), Personalized audio-video edited DVD
  • Platinum Package P12,000
*Free return visit for rescan within 14 days from the time package was availed if baby is not cooperative during your session (just show your official receipt).
TopHealth Medical Clinic*:
For Appointment
SM San Lazaro, SM Sta. Mesa
(02) 790-3129, (020 353-4461/ (02)714-0613 local 120
  • 3D Ultrasound P950: 3D Ultrasound, Gender Determination, 10 still photos in CD
*Note: (Added TopHealth to list. Edited:  August 21, 2012) 
Despite the affordable and very low promo rate, I did not opt for TopHealth due to negative reviews by their recent clients and I already had my ultrasound when I found out about the promo.
Other preparations we’ve been working on:
  • Prepared Childbirth Classes with Rome Kanapi (more on this on my next post)
  • Birth Plan: Hospital, Doctors, etc  (more on this on my next post)
  • Baby Clothes, Shoes, and Gears
  • Looking for and attending every possible Pregnancy/Baby Event and Seminar
  • Baby-proofing the house
  • Researching about Natural Birthing/Water Birthing and looking for possible midwives  (more on this on my next post)
Baby is kicking again and I’m feeling a bit tired now. Heading of to bed now. See you on my next post!


Be safe and Have a Happy Mommy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...