Saturday, October 6, 2012

Your Pregnant Body: Stretch marks and other oddities

Pregnancy causes such drastic and HUGE changes in your life- emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and physically. It's important for us moms (especially new ones like me!)  to understand that these changes are all parts of our journey through pregnancy, thus we must learn to fully embrace and welcome them into our lives. 

Nothing compares to the amazing feeling of bliss from having to share your life with someone wonderfully special. Giving life, growing, and nurturing that tiny little person inside you. Even until now, I am in such awe of how I was so blessed to be able to carry this handsome little monkey in my belly for 9 months! Isn't pregnancy such an amazingly wonderful adventure?

But mind you, it's not all pretty little butterflies and sweet little prairie flowers. Pregnancy is not an easy journey! Imagine walking around with an ever-growing watermelon in your belly, having to pee every half an hour, getting acne breakouts like it's middle school, middle of the night hunger pangs, insatiable cravings, bloatedness and gasiness, morning sickness, those sometimes awkward and weird emotional moments when you just feel like bawling for no reason, and the our biggest enemy: STRETCH MARKS! 

Gosh, I never thought I would have them! I diligently slathered all sorts of lotions, cocoa butter, moisturizers, name it! In just a month, I emptied bottles of Aveeno, Olay, Palmer's, and some yummy peach lotion, on my belly alone! Then lo and behold, one morning, I woke up to this odd-looking tiny red line on my belly. MAJOR FREAK OUT. After all my efforts, none of the creams and lotions I've tried worked.

During one of my pregnant sleepless nights, I chanced upon Mustela on Facebook. I honestly had no idea what it was. Good thing Shane from Mustela was there to address all my concerns. She was even so kind as to offer me pregnancy pointers and tips. She introduced me to Mustela 9 Months- A line of Pregnancy and Post-Partum Care specifically developed to accompany the changes in your skin during pregnancy and after childbirth. She sent me some samples to try out, so I can get to know the products more and test them out (since I have extremely sensitive skin) before I purchased. In our Prepared Childbirth Class, she also gave us some samples from the Mustela 9 Months and Mustela Bebe Product Lines to try out.
I have been using it since August and well, I loved it and been raving about it to my friends ever since! My favorites are the Stretch Marks Double Action and the Specific Support Bust. They're made from hypoallergenic and natural ingredients, plus it's Paraben-free and totally safe for pregnant women. I have extremely sensitive skin and skin asthma, and I am just so grateful that they didn't cause any allergic reactions nor flare-ups. I am ADDICTED to the smell! I would slather them on just so I could smell it and could not get my hands off that glorious pink tube! Even John loves how good it smells (with Palmer's he was like: "Mommy, you have your Mommy Lotion on?" Errr...) and he doesn't call it "Mommy Lotion" he calls it Mustela. Hahaha. Another thing I love about Mustela is that unlike my other creams/lotions, it's very light and non-greasy. It doesn't leave any thick residues on my clothes or sheets. No icky feeling on my tummy, too! I'm so happy I found out about that glorious pink tube from Mustela. Oh and did I mention how fantastic it smells? :)
Maternity and Post-Partum Care: Mustela 9 Months

For your little one: Mustela Bebe
Founded in 1950, Mustela is a trusted European brand with over 62 years of experience in the baby skin care market. It's manufactured by Laboratoires Expanscience, the 6th largest independent laboratory in France and is consistently No. 1 in European Pharmacies (Europe IMS as of April 2012).


Prescribed, tested and used by doctors, medical and healthcare professionals, partner of maternities and hospitals. Ingredients compose of at least 80% to 98% from natural origins, per product.
Safe on pregnant women and those with sensitive skin as it has:
NO paraben, phthalate, phenoxyethanol (these are commonly found in 99.9% of cosmetic brands in the market), NO alcohol, essential oils, hypoallergenique
Mustela is available at the following:

Ayala Trinoma, 1st level (near Cafe Mary Grace)
Robinson's Manila, 1st Level Midtown Wing (beside Topshop)
Glorietta 4, 3rd level (near Mary Grace)
Megamall A, 2nd level (in front of Esprit)
Shangri-la Mall, 4th level (in front of Mothercare)
The Shops, Greenhills Shopping Center 1st level (in front of Watson's and Mary Grace)
Alabang Town Center, Upper ground floor Connector Mall (in front of K & Company)
Purebeauty, 2nd Floor, Serendra, BGC
All Landmark Department Stores
All Rustan's Department Stores

You can even order online and have them delivered. For more details on this, visit their Facebook Page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mustela-Philippines/126918160763027
Hotline: 0917-8959988 
Email: mustelaphilippines@yahoo.com


What are/were your weird experiences when you are/were pregnant and how are you coping/did you cope with them? I would love to hear about them! Share them with me on the comment box below.

Have a Happy Mommy Day!

 
Happy Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...