Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Liebster Award Nomination!


10/26/12 3:46 PM
Philippines Time

(I wrote this as I was waiting to go into active labor. Unfortunately, I never got to finish and post it until today. Apologies to Kim for the late response.)

So I was just browsing around online while waiting for another wave of contractions (masochist, eh? nah, just extremely excited!), when I decided to creep up on Mommy Kim's Site. I got nominated for a Liebster Award! Yay! I know that Lieb means love or dear in German but, I haven't heard of the Liebster Award 'til now. I'm guessing it means someone likes what I do, wooo, I am ecstatic! :D


Well, thanks to Mr. Google and WeLovedHere.com, I found out that It's an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers. To quote WeLovedHere.com, "The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.". Aww, thank you Mommy Kim for nominating me. This took my mind off the contractions I am having right now as I prepare for my little boy's arrival.

So, on to Mommy Kim's 11 questions:

What changed when you became a mum?
I have been more aware of a lot of things! I have been more conscious and curious about eco-friendly practices and products. I find myself always on the look out for the best and safest products for my family. I have also been more budget-conscious and wiser with my spendings. I used to splurge out a lot and party like it's 1997 (well, you basically get my drift)! As soon as I found out I was pregnant, the first place I went to was the bank (not my OB! haha) to set up a Time Deposit and Trust Fund Account for the little thing in my belly, which was indicated by the two lines on the Pregnancy Testing Kit. 

What is your favorite activity with your kid/s?
Since the little one is still in my belly, my favorite bonding activity with him is reading him Dr. Seuss books (my favorite 'til now!), talking to him, playing music and waiting for his response (when he doesn't like the song, he won't kick! But, whenever I'd play Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beethoven, or Yann Tiersen, he'd be all over my belly, dancing like Ice-T! LOL), and our favorite playtime thing is poking and playing with my belly (he responds by kicking so hard! I could just imagine his mischievous giggles in my belly).

What do you like doing during me time?
I INDULGE. 
I spoil myself with great food, a bottle or so of good beer or wine (not right now, I can't), watch a movie or read a good book. I also treat myself to a D.I.Y Home Spa: body scrubs, masks, and mani-pedi, since I hate going to Nail Spas for fear of getting infections or a bad cleaning (you know how they non-nonchalantly just poke and cut and forget that your hands and feet are actually attached to your body thus, you can feel everything? THAT).

If you are given the chance to learn any craft you'd like, what would it be?
Glass blowing! The art of glass blowing is just wonderfully amazing and amusing! Imagine transforming that tiny hot piece of glass/silica into marvelous works of art. It requires great craftsmanship, effort, and talent.

What advice would you give your kid/s when they have their own kids?
Give them the freedom to be whoever they want to be and be the best in it. Instill good lessons and values in them so they can learn to choose and decide for themselves. Do not make life comfortable for them, rather teach them the value of working hard for what they want.

If you can go anywhere right now, where would you go?
Santa Monica and Venice Beach, California! I can just see myself right now, walking along the boardwalk and amusing myself with all the funky stuff the vendors are selling. All those people gathered, dancing. playing music, and singing. I can even feel the heat of the sun and the salty smell of the sea mixing with the food and booze. Wow.
What is the one book you'll never get tired of reading?
TRICKY!
I love reading books and I have countless favorites that I always read and re-read from time to time, from Jonathan Livingston Seagull by R. Bach to Jay Mcinerney, to girly authors! One that will always stand out is Dr. Suess' Green Eggs and Ham (from childhood to motherhood!).

What is your number one go-to place when you need a break?
My room.
How do you handle criticisms from other parents?
I'm the favorite and I am quite good at charming my way out of things so, they barely get the chance to do so. Haha.

What is your favorite dessert?
Thick and creamy New York Cheesecake or a plain, thick Vanilla Ice Cream.

What occasion/holiday do you look forward to the most every year?
Christmas, of course! 'Tis the season to be jolly! A great chance to bond with loved ones!

11 Things about Me:
I am a first-time mom.
I am having a baby boy.
I am in labor right now.
I am the only girl in the family.
The beach is my number one lover.
I love good food, great beer, and wine.
I bake and cook, A LOT!
I am athlete! I played Football in College and was a member of the Women's Varsity Football Team.
I am quite crafty! I can draw, stitch, sew, write, and good at D.I.Y stuff.
I am good at "handyman" work.
I am Obsessive Compulsive when it comes to cleanliness.

Well, it's your turn now!
Answer my 11 questions, Tell us 11 things about you, and Tag 11 people/blogs you want to nominate, with under 200 followers. Remember to let them know you have tagged them. Enjoy!

Here are my 11 questions:

  • What's your go-to/comfort food?
  • Any weird habits?
  • How do you balance your time between work/school and blogging/writing?
  • Your favorite place?
  • How do you de-stress?
  • What's the best advice anyone has ever given you?
  • What's the best advice you could or have given anyone?
  • Who's your favorite author and why?
  • How has writing changed/improved your perspective in life?
  • One "New Year's Resolution" thing that you always list down but never get to commit to.
  • What's your definition of "Passion". What is your passion?

I nominate:
Benz Alonzo
Tin Rementilla
Claire Umali
Nan Luzon
La Mer de Reve
Lines from the Wire
Mom Chronicles
Bead Baby
Cerulean Rose Diary
Mommy Leng
Henry's Mom


Happy Mommy



1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...