Friday, January 25, 2013

When the Going Gets Tough

nanny with 3 children

Being a (new) mom or a parent sure isn't a walk in the park. You have to always take into consideration your child's needs above all when scheduling activities. You also have to always keep yourself in check as you are now responsible for another person. You are now in-charge of taking care of someone else other than yourself.

A lot of first-time moms have such a difficult time when it comes to adjusting to their new lives. Giving birth and adjusting to a new routine requires a lot of energy that you rarely get to have time to even shower and do household chores. This is where hiring a yaya comes in. Personally, I am not against it. The idea just doesn't seem appealing to me. I am a first-time mom so I'm very curious and excited about everything baby and motherhood-related. I want to be as hands-on as much as I can, growing and learning along with my little man. This doesn't mean that the idea never came to mind. Daddy J have actually been bugging me to enlist the help of a yaya/housekeeper, so I won't have to do everything on my own. As a mompreneur, my instinct would be to save, save, SAVE. I instantly dismissed the idea and moved on. 

I guess it's because we are not yet in the stage where baby demands a lot of attention. When he's starting to get curious and very malikot. We are not yet at the brink of insanity caused by a super kulit baby. We'll get there...I just hope not too soon, as I want to cherish and make the most out of my son's "babyhood" (err, is there such a term?).

For harried moms who have more than one kid, those with the "terrible two's", and moms who just need to have a break, here's a list of Yaya and Helper Training Schools to ensure that your child is well taken care of, under the hands of a "professional". Now, imagine yourself sipping that Pina Colada as you get that luxurious facial and your hair and nails done did! :)

Maligaya Institute for Culinary Arts and Residential Services
Cooking classes for the help
(02)529-9140

My Dearest Nanny
Provides training programs for yayas, caregivers, and moms.
(02)852-6020 / (02)852-5778 / (63)917-8071064

Y.A.Y.A Partners: A Different Yaya Training
Pediatricians provide special training course for yayas, and sessions for parents.
(02)637-3029

You Love Me, Yaya 
Provides training workshop for yayas and caregivers, by health and medical consultants.
(02)434-0139

If the these suggestions seem too much for you, you can also get a copy of "I love, Yaya", a yaya training manual by Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan, Felichi Buizon, and Dr. Donna Simpao.

There you go, moms. Hope you found this article helpful.

Have a Happy Mommy Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...