Friday, March 22, 2013

Our Very Own Project Nursery


Nursery rooms, babies, and room makeovers, doesn't that sound so exciting?! I don't know about you but whenever I hear the words: room makeover, renovation, design, and nursery together; thoughts come racing in and they turn into flashes of designs and oh-my-god I get all giddywiddy zoned-out like a kid on LSD!

Err, someone got too excited for a second there! See, what I told you?

Well, the little man is turning 5 months old next week, and as a form of tradition, we have been celebrating his birth date every month. This time, we wanted to give him a special gift that's practical and will last him through his toddler years.



We have been planning a nursery room renovation since forever but we got so caught up with all the hype from pregnancy, birth, and rookie parenting  that we kept having to move the schedule back til we totally lost track of our timeline. Wow, I'm starting to feel so guilty about this!

So last week, we started re-working our ideas and plans for the little man's room. I'm actually more into the whole design area as guys would rather work on the specifics- measurements, costing, etc. Check out some inspiring pegs from Project Nursery I'm totally smitten with! I'm in lalalalaloooooove with this site!!! They also actually have a page called Project Junior loaded with oh-my-god-super-awesome-designs-and-colors-that-will-make-you-puke-pastelrainbows-and-babies!!!

We practice attachment parenting so the little man co-sleeps with us. We still got him a crib as a daybed as he's getting more makulit and loves to move about, and a Pack n' Play playpen for when I bring him to work and when we travel.

Check out some inspiring nursery room pegs.


Grey and Brown Minimalist nursery
Clean, contemporary colors and minimalist design. Plus, a custom-made mobile. How cool  is that?!


Yellow and Blue nursery room
The pastel makes me feel so nostalgic! I feel like it's too feminine for a baby J's age, so this is definitely out of the picture but I just had to show you how so yummy looking the colors are. Very inspiring!

Pastel and Bright Nursery Room
Clean lines and bright splashes against cream and grey. Love the colorful little banners!

Here are my top picks!

Love the playfulness in this room! The alphabet is just too awesome!

Carnival-inspired! Lovely!

This gives off such a fun and exciting vibe!

So much colors and bright ideas! Gosh, don't you just love them? Are you working on your own Project Nursery too? I'd love to hear (and see) about your nursery room design ideas! Let me know how you liked my pegs by sharing your thoughts in the comment box below.

Have a Happy Mommy Day!


3 comments:

  1. I love the 2nd and 3rd one. Good luck in your renovation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colors on the 3rd one are just so vibrant. i love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...