Friday, August 3, 2012

Question and Answer. Enfamama A+ Maternity Milk: When to start drinking, Constipation, and Lactose Intolerance



Upon my first pre-natal check up, my doctor advised me to start drinking  maternity milk to start nourishing my changing body and growing baby with the nutrients they need for healthy development and growth. (See Article: FIRST TRIMESTER. Pre-natal Needs Click Link)
Here are a few things moms wanted to know about drinking milk during pregnancy:


  • Do I really need to drink maternity milk or can I just take normal milk?
Yes and No. The importance of drinking maternity milk during pregnancy is that it helps your changing body to provide a healthy environment for you and your baby. Maternity Milk has additional supplements our body needs to aid and sustain a healthy pregnancy. It contains essential vitamins your developing baby needs, such as: Folic Acid to prevent Neural Tube Defects, Calcium to aid in baby’s bone development and growth (and to keep mommy from losing her teeth and having weak bones), DHA aids in baby’s brain development and growth,it also contains Iron which helps prevent Anemia or low blood count, to name a few.
  • When should I start drinking maternity milk?
A lot of expecting moms are wondering when to start drinking Maternity Milk, my doctor advised me to start drinking, twice a day, as soon as I found out I was pregnant.
  • Why does my milk cause constipation?
Constipation is very common during pregnancy, especially in the First Trimester.The main cause of constipation during pregnancy is that our body produces more hormones called Progesterone, which relaxes the muscles in the digestive system. Pregnant or not, it’s very important that we drink plenty of water to keep our body well hydrated. When you're pregnant, proper hydration is very crucial in maintaining good amniotic fluid levels (liquid that baby swims in) and to flush away toxins.  I usually drink 4-6 liters of water a day. I also eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, for my daily fiber needs and for baby and I’s nutritional needs.
  • Can I drink maternity milk if I am Lactose Intolerant?
Pregnancy and Lactose Intolerance just don’t go well, especially during the First Trimester, when your body is acting up. A good alternative would be toask your doctor to advise you on Calcium Supplements or Soy Milk.Know though that not all soy milk contains Calcium, so always check the label and check with your doctor before drinking a particular brand. A particular brand of soy milk that I like is Lactasoy Milk with Black Sesame.It has B Vitamins, Calcium, Vitamins A D Em and Protein. The black sesame adds an enjoyable flavor that your pregnant taste buds won’t hate.
I hope I answered some of your questions today. If you have any other concerns, topics you want to discuss, or just want to say hi, feel free to leave me a comment on the comment box.
Have a Happy Mommy Day!

1 comment:

  1. “Constipation is very common during pregnancy, especially in the First Trimester”
    I did experience this (as in sobra). I was eating naman green leafy vegetables when I was pregnant with my panganay. Fruits rich in fibers help me but I was surprised that maternal drink like Anmum Materna can also help reduce the risk of constipation. I just knew here https://www.anmum.com.ph/drink/product that it has probiotics and fibers pala.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...