Friday, March 22, 2013

Post-Partum Hair Loss

Post Partum Hair fall Cartoon

Let's discuss something that most moms with babies as J's age experience- Post-Partum Hair Loss. Grrrr, it's annoying, disgusting, and scary, all at the same time! Imagine taking a bath one day and finding HUGE clumps of hair clogging up the drain. Think about brushing your hair and seeing a handful of hair stuck in between the bristles, with more hair falling off your shoulders and on the floor. Totally annoying and terrifying. I thought something was wrong with me or that perhaps my shampoo was too harsh.

I shall not post any photos of my hairbrush nor the clogged drain as they are too graphic. It would seem like "It" from the Addams Family resides in both. So anyway, as it turns out, post-partum hair fall or hair loss happens to all moms who have recently given birth and it goes on up until your child reaches the age of 1. One year old, seriously???



I was thinking up ways to keep my hair from falling- from various hair treatments, hair products, to desperately wanting to get my long hair chopped off. I believe the Lord heard my whining and had Nanny Rose's send me over 2 bottles of their Gugo & Lawat Anti-hairfall Shampoo.
Nanny Rose's Gugo & Lawat Anti hairfall shampoo
Apologies for the poor image-quality.


I excitedly headed straight to the shower to try out the shampoo.

What I love about it:

Parabens-free and Sulfate-free.
Good for your health and the environment!

Made with Natural Traditional Filipino Hair Product Gugo
I remember seeing my mom shampoo her hair with gugo as it strengthens the hair and stimulates hair growth.  One thing's for sure, my mom did have thick, lustrous, wavy locks!

The Smell.
It smells so citrusy, clean, and refreshing! It contains lemongrass and grapefruit which gives it that yummy energizing scent. Perfect pick-me-up for super tired moms!

Leaves my hair squeaky clean.
This is basically self-explanatory. Haha.

What I don't like about it:

I felt like it was a bit drying or perhaps I was using too much product on my hair. I wish it had moisturizing properties as well.

Mommy Lovin' Meter:
out of 
Nanny Rose's Logo



Check out other exciting treats from Nanny Rose on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing about you and your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as I can, and will try to address your concerns the best way I can. Have a Happy Mommy Day! ❤

Definition List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...